Please note that if you have already filed an objection with Moody Gartner Tax Law, you must inform them so that you can be removed from the batch file.
How to File Tax Adjustments for previous years Education tax Credits:
- Find your notice of assessment for the applicable year(s)
- You can ask for a change to a return for a tax year ending in any of the 10 previous calendar years. For example, a request made in 2018 must relate to the 2008 or a later tax year to be considered.
- Complete Form T1-ADJ, T1 Adjustment Request, or a signed letter giving details of your request (including the years of the returns to be changed), your social insurance number, your address, and a telephone number where CRA can call you during the day.
- All supporting documents for the change (T22O2A), including those for the original assessment, unless you have already sent them.
How to File an Adjustment Form:
There are two ways you can file an adjustment to your income tax return:
1) By Internet: You can make changes to your income tax return using the online My Account Service from the CRA. Once you are in My Account, you simply click on the Change My Return option and then enter and submit any changes to your most recent income tax return or returns from the previous two years. Once you select Submit, your changes will be sent to the CRA.
2) By Mail: You can complete and print a T1-Adjustment form and mail it into the CRA. If you choose to submit your adjustment request via mail you will need to include the receipts or supporting documents for the changes you wish to make & the supporting documents for your original claim (if applicable), in addition to the completed adjustment request.
Surrey Tax Centre
9755 King George Blvd.
Surrey BC V3T 5E1
What happens next?
The CRA will review your adjustment request and send you a notice of reassessment once they have completed their review. The Notice of Reassessment will include any changes made to your return and a letter of explanation if they did not accept your change.