Resident Doctors of BC wants to help you and your residency program plan a social event. We will sponsor up to $750 (up to $1,700 if two programs collaborate) towards your program social event.
Plan Your Own Social
Events by Residents, for Residents
- Events shall be organized for all residents (all years and IMGs) in a program or at a site.
- Events can be a sporting event or social gathering that may include family members.
- The organizing resident must submit all related expenses with original receipts to Resident Doctors of BC.
- The organizing Resident must submit a brief post-event report; pictures are also encouraged and can also be submitted if verbal consent has been obtained.
- Resident Doctors of BC must be cc’d on the invitation sent to all residents.
- Funding for an event is contingent on compliance with the Resident Doctors of BC Alcoholic Beverage Policy and must be abided by. Failure to comply with the policy will result in suspension of reimbursement for the event and future events.
- Event must be pre-approved by Resident Doctors of BC and submitted at least one month in advance.
- Residency programs are limited to one social per academic year, $25.00 per Resident to a maximum $750* per academic year.
- One residency program is defined as all years of a residency program.
- Programs are only eligible to apply for one of the following: $750/year for a single program event; $1,700/year for a joint program event; $25 per resident; or $30 per resident for a joint program event (whichever is less).
*Events with unusually high numbers of resident participation must be submitted for pre-approval to the Finance Committee
Programs that have received funding recently:
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||Resident Annual Retreat – Whistler||March 22-24, 2019|
|Internal Medicine||UBC Winterfest||January 2, 2019|
|Nanaimo and Indigenous Family Medicine||Tofino Retreat||December 8-9, 2018|
|Allergy & Clinical Immunology||Aurora Winter Festival||December 5, 2018|
|Adult & Peds Neurology & Neurosurgery||Ugly Christmas Sweater Party||December 1, 2018|
|Emergency Medicine||Welcome Retreat for R1s||July 17-18, 2018|
|Internal Medicine||UBC Sports Day||June 27, 2018|
|Surrey South Fraser Family Medicine||Rooftop Social||June 22, 2018|
|Urology||CRAFT Beer Market||April 15, 2018|
|Pediatric Emergency Medicine||Mount Tremblant, Quebec Social||January 28, 2018|
|Adult & Peds Neurology & Neurosurgery||Ugly Christmas Sweater Party||December 17, 2017|
|Medical Oncology||Xoxolat||December 8, 2017|
|Nanaimo & Indigenous Family Medicine||Tofino Retreat||December 1, 2017|
|Kelowna Family Practice & Emergency Medicine||Houseboat Tour||Sept 9 – 10, 2017|
|Orthopedic Surgery||Chilliwack Valley Retreat||Aug 31 – Sept 2, 2017|
|Infectious Disease (Adult & Ped) & Medical Microbiology||Vancouver Mysteries||July 13, 2017|
|Pediatrics||Pediatrics Sports Day||June 27, 2017|
|Family Medicine – Fraser||Family BBQ||June 25, 2017|
|Victoria Internal Medicine & Peds||FootGolf||April 29, 2017|
|Surrey South Fraser Family Medicine||Tasty Indian Bistro (post AHD)||March 16, 2017|
|Victoria Family Medicine, Psychiatry & Emergency Medicine||Curling||February 2, 2017|