Resident Doctors of BC wants to help you and your residency program plan a social event. We will sponsor up to $750 (up to $1,700 if two programs collaborate) towards your program social event.
Plan Your Own Social
Events by Residents, for Residents
- Events shall be organized for all residents (all years and IMGs) in a program or at a site.
- Residency programs are limited to one social per academic year, $25.00 per Resident and $12.50 per Plus One to a maximum $750* per academic year.
- Distributed locations can apply for a second social per academic year, for $25.00 per Resident and $12.50 per Plus One to a maximum $500 per academic year.
- Distributed sites are any sites outside of the Lower Mainland, which includes West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Coquitlam, New Westminster, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Mission, Abbotsford, and Chilliwack.
- A residency program is eligible if it is on the Council of Program Representatives list.
- One residency program is defined as all years of a residency program.
- Events can be a sporting event or social gathering that may include family members.
- Only one Plus One per resident will be reimbursed by Resident Doctors of BC.
- The organizing resident must submit all related expenses with original receipts to Resident Doctors of BC.
- The organizing Resident must submit a brief post-event report; pictures are also encouraged and can also be submitted if verbal consent has been obtained.
- Resident Doctors of BC must be cc’d on the invitation sent to all residents.
- Funding for an event is contingent on compliance with the Resident Doctors of BC Alcoholic Beverage Policy and must be abided by. Failure to comply with the policy will result in suspension of reimbursement for the event and future events.
- Event must be pre-approved by Resident Doctors of BC and submitted at least one month in advance.
- Programs are only eligible to apply for one of the following: $750/year for a single program event; $1,700/year for a joint program event; $25 per resident; or $30 per resident for a joint program event (whichever is less).
- Distributed locations can apply for a second social per academic year, for $25.00 per Resident and $12.50 per Plus One to a maximum $500 per academic year (see above).
*Events with unusually high numbers of resident participation must be submitted for pre-approval to the Finance Committee
Program Event Date General Surgery Virtual Cooking Class October 18, 2020 Psychiatry – Geriatric Virtual Meet & Greet September 12, 2020 Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Retreat September 3, 2020 Emergency Medicine – Fraser EM Retreat August 9, 2020 Ophthalmology Resident Lake Daytrip August 9, 2020 Emergency Medicine – Vancouver Summer Beach Social July 29, 2020 Emergency Medicine – Vancouver Island Welcome BBQ July 8, 2020
Program Event Date Psychiatry – Vancouver Island End of Year Reunion June, 2020 Pediatrics – Vancouver Island Welcome BBQ June 30, 2020 Pediatrics Virtual Social June 30, 2020 Vascular Surgery Going Away Party June 26, 2020 Endocrinology Virtual Dinner June 17, 2020 Anesthesiology Annual Wellness Retreat June 12, 2020 Public Health and Preventative Medicine Zoom Social May 20, 2020 Addiction Medicine Virtual Wellness Retreat April 20, 2020 Nephrology Virtual Fellowship Party May 1, 2020 Family Medicine – Victoria Cooking Class March 11, 2020 Basic Clinical Year – SPH Wellness Dinner & Board Game Night March 2020 Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Resident Retreat January 10-12, 2020 Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Gynaecologic Oncology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility OB/GYN Subspecialty Resident Get-Together January 9, 2020 Family Medicine – Fraser Holiday Party December 19, 2019 Family Medicine – Coastal Holiday Party December 18, 2019 Dermatology Holiday Lunch December 17, 2019 Clinical Immunology & Allergy – Pediatrics and Adult Holiday Party November 30, 2019 Adult Cardiology Holiday Party November 29, 2019 Family Medicine – Nanaimo Annual Wellness Retreat November 22-24, 2019 Family Medicine – Okanagan South Christmas Party November 22, 2019 Radiation & Medical Oncology Escape Room & Appetizers November 15, 2019 Internal Medicine Nightmare on Heather Street November 2, 2019 General Surgery Go-Karting November, 2019 Neurosurgery Wellness Retreat September 28-29, 2019 Family Medicine – SPH Kayaking Tour September 14, 2019 Psychiatry Fundamentals of Meditation September 5, 2019 Hematopathology Cooking Class August 17, 2019 Emergency Medicine – Coastal Annual Retreat July 30-31, 2019 Family Medicine – Rural Okanagan Welcome Retreat July 26-28, 2019 Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Retreat July 25-27, 2019 Emergency Medicine – Vancouver Island Welcome Camping Retreat July 12-14, 2019 Adult Infections Diseases, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Medical Microbiology Escape Room Teambuilding July 11, 2019
Program Event Date Anesthesia Annual Resident Retreat June 8, 2019 Family Medicine – SPH End of Year Social June 28, 2019 Basic Clinical Year – RCH Welcome Social June 28, 2019 Pediatrics – Emergency Medicine Team Lunch June 27, 2019 Family Medicine – Surrey South Fraser Rooftop Social June 21, 2019 Pediatrics – Allergy & Immunology End of Year Celebration June 20, 2019 Family Medicine – Kelowna Annual Houseboat Social June 15, 2019 Family Medicine – Rural Okanagan End of Year BBQ June 12, 2019 Ophthalmology Virtual Reality Social June 11, 2019 Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Resident Sports and Graduation Day June 6, 2019 OBGYN Resident Wellness Day May 29, 2019 Public Health & Preventive Medicine Annual Program Dinner May 3, 2019 Pediatrics Team Dinner April 29, 2019 Family Medicine – Prince George & Northern Rural Dinner in Jasper April 12, 2019 Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Resident Annual Retreat – Whistler March 22-24, 2019 Urology Snowshoeing and Dinner March 1, 2019 Basic Clinical Year – Victoria Wellness Dinner Night February 23, 2019 Internal Medicine UBC Winterfest January 2, 2019 Family Medicine – Nanaimo and Indigenous Tofino Retreat December 8-9, 2018 Allergy & Clinical Immunology Aurora Winter Festival December 5, 2018 Adult & Pediatrics Neurology & Neurosurgery Ugly Christmas Sweater Party December 1, 2018 Emergency Medicine Welcome Retreat for R1s July 17-18, 2018
Program Event Date Internal Medicine UBC Sports Day June 27, 2018 Family Medicine – Surrey South Fraser Rooftop Social June 22, 2018 Urology CRAFT Beer Market April 15, 2018 Pediatric Emergency Medicine Mount Tremblant, Quebec Social January 28, 2018 Adult & Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery Ugly Christmas Sweater Party December 17, 2017 Medical Oncology Xoxolat December 8, 2017 Family Medicine – Nanaimo & Indigenous Tofino Retreat December 1, 2017 Family Practice & Emergency Medicine – Kelowna Houseboat Tour Sept 9 – 10, 2017 Orthopedic Surgery Chilliwack Valley Retreat Aug 31 – Sept 2, 2017 Infectious Disease (Adult & Ped) & Medical Microbiology Vancouver Mysteries July 13, 2017 Pediatrics Pediatrics Sports Day June 27, 2017
Program Event Date Pediatrics Pediatrics Sports Day June 27, 2017 Family Medicine – Fraser Family BBQ June 25, 2017 Internal Medicine & Pediatrics – Victoria FootGolf April 29, 2017 Family Medicine – Surrey South Fraser Tasty Indian Bistro (post AHD) March 16, 2017 Family Medicine, Psychiatry & Emergency Medicine – Victoria Curling February 2, 2017