The Resident Innovation Fund has returned for the fifth year with exciting news!
We are pleased to announce that the 2021 Resident Innovation Fund will be administered in partnership with the Ministry of Health, who, in recognition of the innovative spirit presented by our residents have agreed to increase the awards to a total of $40,000.
The Resident Innovation Fund provides financial support to a broad range of resident-led initiatives to highlight, support and celebrate residents working to benefit the healthcare system, the lives of patients and healthcare providers.
The categories are:
- Advancing patient care or healthcare system
- Technology/Innovation (Mobile/Web Applications, Medical Devices, etc.)
- Resident related projects (Wellness, cohesion, communication, advocacy etc.)
- Medical education* (scholarly research to understand issues affecting residents or patients in BC)
The funds will be awarded by the Resident Doctors of BC Awards Selection Committee and the Ministry of Health to invest in resident projects. Monetary prizes for the selected projects available to Residents are:
- 2 Prizes of $5000 from any category, for the projects that are judged to have the greatest potential impact on the lives of residents and/or the delivery of Health Care in BC.
- 4 Prizes of $5000 each, one prize per category
- 4 Prizes of $2500 each, one prize per category
We are excited to continue our partnership with the Ministry of Health to recognize and support the great projects residents are working on. We would like to express our appreciation to the Ministry of Health for their ongoing commitment to supporting resident interests and bettering residency in BC.
To apply for the 2021 Resident Innovation Fund, visit our website. Deadline to apply is December 13, 2021, 12 PM (noon) PST.
Recipients of the 2020 Resident Innovation Fund can be found here.
*This category was previously known as Scholarly Pursuits.