Resident Doctors of BC
Lona is responsible for implementing the vision, mission and strategy of RDBC.
She oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization, including managing staff and finances, member services and assisting with various committees as needed. She ensures all projects and services are both in line with the organization’s strategic plan, and are cost effective and time efficient.
Lona works closely with the Board of Directors to develop the organization’s plans, to govern and to manage initiatives including improving member dialogue and engagement and strengthening external relationships.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal RDBC Committees and Board of Directors
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with external stakeholders and their committees including UBC, HEABC and MoH
Plans and conducts research projects related to RDBC policy activities
Prepares RDBC response to policy documents and statements issued by other organizations
- Responsible for the financial records of the organization
- Responsible for accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, and other financial matters within the organization
- Acts as staff support for the Finance Committee
- Administers the Call Stipend allowances and assists residents with Call Stipend inquiries
- Prepares and analyzes data for RDBC activities and areas of interest
- Plans and conducts research related to RDBC activities
- Provides administrative support to the office
Diana Sorto Martinez
- Communicates and supports RDBC’s policies and developments within RDBC and at the political and labour relations level.
- Coordinates the collection of materials and writing of articles for the Pulse magazine and Rounds email newsletter.
- Develops social media content and distributes via networks while also implementing social media strategies in line with the organization’s overall objectives and brand
- Provides support in answering day to day inquires and member correspondence
- Answers day-to-day inquiries and member correspondence.
- Interprets, enforces and administers the RDBC Collective Agreement.
- Maintains liaison between the membership and RDBC.
- Communicates and supports the RDBC’s policies and developments within RDBC.
- Assists other RDBC staff with member service-related matters.
- Assists in event planning and management.