Resident Doctors of BC is governed by a Constitution and By-laws. It is led by a Board of Directors that is elected annually by the membership, which sets out the initiatives for the year to achieve the strategic plan. There are also a number of committees that work on specific areas, as well as a Council of Program Representatives that shares program specific needs, issues, and concerns and relays information back to their colleagues.
- Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is elected annually by the membership. There are five executive roles, and seven Directors. These roles are determined internally at the first board meeting by the elected board. Additional members are welcome to participate as official observers, who have the same privileges without the right to vote. Interested members are also welcome to attend any Board Meeting as a guest.
- Council of Program Representatives
- Internal Committees
Resident Doctors of BC has several committees that deal with specific aspects of the association. Membership in committees changes annually, with the opportunity for involvement throughout the year for interested members depending on the committee.
Find out more about the Committees.
- To represent our members in contractual matters
- To support our members’ education and training, and encourage excellence in the teaching environment
- To promote our members’ professional, personal and financial well-being
- To foster engagement among our members throughout British Columbia
- To advocate on behalf of our members in collaboration with our stakeholders and the community